Friday, July 16, 2010

The Butterfly Haus and Fredericksburg

Today the first thing I did was wake up with Bella pounding on me. We got on the road and about 30 minutes down the road the passenger side seatbelt alarm went off. Nana’s purse was the only thing sitting in that seat! Are purses really people? We went to a butterfly haus in Fredericksburg, TX. While we were there I taught 3 butterflies how to fly!! I bought chocolate covered sunflower seeds. I hope they are worth my $4.00. Nana bought chocolate caramel chewy fudge. It was so delicious. We saw a cute lizard while we were there too. Then we left and went to go eat. We found a restaurant and I got a reuben sandwich. It was very tasty. When I was almost done I got a call from Mom saying my teacher was Mrs. Roberts for this coming up year. She is a MEAN teacher. We left and went to go get fudge. We went with mochaccino. We went to another store to get something for Jasmine and Christopher. We saw color changing t-shirts but they were too expensive. Then we went to go to a Dime Store. I got Christopher a pirate ship pencil sharpener. Then we went to a General Store and I got Jasmine a Texas Lucky Penny. We left and we were on the road and saw a camel farm! I saw seven camels! They were cool. Then we went to get peaches. They were good. That’s all I have to write for today but I will write tomorrow. Tonight we are going swimming then to see an outdoor play of Annie.



This was one butterfly that took it's very first flight from my finger






This is called a Queen butterfly and it took it's first flight from my finger too


This is called a Buckeye Butterfly and it was my favorite


The lizard was on the outside trying to get in to the butterflies





Nana, Aunt Jamie and me


3 comments:

  1. The three butterflies Hannah mentioned we new butterflies, just reaching that stage and their wings were still wet. A girl working in the haus handed one to Hannah to hold and it flew! She got another and told Hannah it would not be flying today because it's wings were still too wet but it flew too! And so did a third butterfly! So three different butterflies took their very first flights ever from Hannah's finger tips. How cool is that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the butterflies! They are beautiful! That is very exciting that they had their first flight from your finger!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah teaching butterflies to fly! Now that is very cool! Too bad about the mean teacher. I've had a few myself. You'll be OK.

    ReplyDelete